Skip to content
Skin care in Winter
Dr Aditi Gadgil, Somaiya Ayurveda Centre
- Avoid dehydration due to dry weather – Drink ample water preferably warm water.
- For glowing face – Apply natural moisturising face packs like milk cream mixed with turmeric powder.
- Application of few drops of Kumkumadi tailam also keeps the skin moisturised and glowing.
- For cracked feet – Application of Shatdhauta ghrita (ghee washed hundred times with water)
- Application of Kokum butter to feet also prevents cracked heels.
- Sarvanga Abhyangam – Application of Sesame oil (Til tailam) at least once a week to entire body keeps the skin soft and glowing.
- Avoid very hot water for taking bath. Instead use warm water.
- Exercise every day for at least 30 mins.
- Also, daily intake of at least one teaspoon of homemade ghee is useful in winter.
- Eat freshly prepared and warm meals.
- It is the season of fresh Amla fruit. Having amla every day in the form of Amla murabba or Moravala or even chyavanprash helps to improve the immunity. Amla is also good for skin and hair.